Thursday, March 06, 2008

Maestro Ilayaraja's composition of Thiruvasagam

I am a die-hard / hard-core / fanatic (whatever one calls it) fan of the greatest living musical genius, Maestro Ilayaraja. Ever since I came to my senses, I started calling him fondly as "Mottai". There have been days where me and my closest pal, Raj , have gone for hours singing his tunes one after the other without breaks, completely oblivion to our surroundings!! Now I get a chance to post certain links to one of his greatest compositions, Thiruvasagam in Symphony.

Conducted by the Royal Symphony Orchestra in Budapest, Hungary in the year 2004. And this is what , the Oscar Award winning English Lyricist of Hollywood, Stephen Schwartz (who did the English translation of Thiruvasagam) had to say about the great IR....

Quote "No one has ever done such a musical piece." Unquote.

Here is a photo album with the song lyrics and couple of his pics during that time.

Maestro Ilayaraja's Thiruvasagam in Symphony


Here are some video links from YouTube, to his interview after he returned from Hungary:

Ilayaraja: making of Thiruvasagam in Symphonic Orchestra - Part 1



Ilayaraja: making of Thiruvasagam in Symphonic Orchestra - Part 2



Ilayaraja: making of Thiruvasagam in Symphonic Orchestra - Part 3



Ilayaraja: making of Thiruvasagam in Symphonic Orchestra - Part 4

No comments: