Tuesday, October 23, 2007

My Current Read:- Alexander: Child of a dream

I started reading this book because I am very interested in Greek Mythology and intrigued by it at times. A friend of mine, who is a voracious reader suggested to start with this one.

It's very interesting. Am at a phase when Alexander is 10, has made a "Until Death" friendship pact with Hephaestion and has saved a girl from the mines in Mount Pangoes and has named her Leptine.

To be honest, I never knew Cleopatra was Alexander's sister until I started reading this book! That shows my History skills ;)

And I am now much more intrigued by the Greek Gods Zeus, and specially Dionysus.

By the way, there is this Greek restaurant in Piccadilly Circus, London named after Dionysus. Try it out. I have and the food is amazing!

No comments: